TABLES OF THE OLD AND NEW
by Master Nicholas of Dresden, German Hussite Martyr
The First Table
As for you, follow me. You will stretch out your hands and another will gird you and lead you where you do not wish to go.
Excerpts from Table 9
[A picture depicting the Pope as the Antichrist surrounded with whores.]
Oh idol shepherd that leaveth the flock!
An idol is nothing in the world.
And the king shall do according to his will and shall divide the land for gain.
And he shall be greedy for the enjoyment of women….You then are he of whom I have spoken in old time.
“The Kingdom of Antichrist refers in a certain sense to the Roman Kingdom, from which he will arise.”
“There is no power on earth that is like his, nor anyone who can say to him, ‘Why do you thus?’”
Then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor shall ever be.
“And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them. And he shall cause whoever does not adore – that is, obey – the image of the beast – that is, Antichrist, the Beast-man – to be killed. And he shall not allow any man to buy – that is, bring in a good life, or win servants for God, or seek after truth – or sell – that is, teach or preach – except him who has the mark of Antichrist – that is, who conforms to him in life and doctrine.”
“But in that time the faithful will not preach, for the good [Christian] will be regarded as the excommunicate.”
“And his feet were as the feet of a bear. The feet of the Antichrist are the preachers who carry him through the world; and just as the bear is a foul animal, who tramples with his feet and devours, who loves honey and sweet things, so [the preachers] are foul in their carnal lust, and they will trample those who refuse to consent to them, and they love sweet things – that is, temporal goods.”
“The Antichrist will be born in Babylon. Babylon is Rome.”
“The wicked shall do wickedly, and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand – that is, the devout, who are diligent in the study of Scripture.”
“Thus it is clear that the understanding of this prophecy is not hidden from the good and the devout, but only from the evil and impious.”
Blessed is he that watches and keeps his garments, lest he walk naked and they see his shame.
So he sits in the temple of God, showing himself as God. Whose coming is with all the seduction of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they have not received the love of the truth….He shall humble kings and think he can change laws and times.
And then shall that wicked one be revealed whom the Lord Jesus shall consume with the spirit of his mouth.
“For the mountains shall be thrown down – that is, many of the priests, prelates, and princes – and the fences shall fall – that is the regulars and the theologians shall fall away from the faith of Christ, in the time of the Antichrist. Therefore, the Antichrist shall not be revealed by such theologians, but by those who walk in sackcloth.”
Excerpts from other Tables
21 ‘Heresies’ held by the Hussites in A. D. 1418 
1. The Roman Church is not the one universal church founded by Christ.
2a. The Roman Church became corrupted from the time of the Emperor Constantine.
2b. Spiritual persons should not possess temporal goods.
3. The church does not include evil people but only the good.
4. Denial of the church's power of the keys and of binding and loosing.
5. Rejection of holy orders.
6. Denial that only priests may consecrate the Eucharist, offer sacrifice, etc.
7. Opposition to the constitutions of the church and the holy canons.
8. Because of the sins of prelates and priests, their ministration is worthless.
9. Evil prelates have no power to excommunicate.
10. The church cannot excommunicate the good, and unless sin excommunicate a man, the church's excommunication is nothing.
11. The prelates of the church should not excommunicate, persecute, or shun the evil, but should commit punishment to God alone.
12. It is not licit in the church of God to kill heretics physically and to remove the evil from amongst the good.
13. The miracles performed in the church are not of God.
14. Rejection of indulgences and assertion that offerings given for them are venal.
15. Opposition to material churches and their dedications.
16. Destruction of images of Christ and the saints in the church.
17. Denial that Purgatory exists and that suffrages for the dead are of any use.
18. Confession should not be made to priests but only to God.
19. The bread and wine remain in the Eucharist after consecration.
20. Communion to be given to newly born children.
21. Communion to be given to the laity in both kinds.
 “In this table and in all others, the new color signifies the Jurists, who are better called pseudo-prophets, and the old color signifies the humble imitators of Jesus Christ and his law.” This citation and text taken from Transactions of the American Philosophical Society, vol. 55, Part 1, 1965, article, Master Nicholas of Dresden, The Old Color and the New, (Phila.); Eds. Kaminsky, Bilderbeck, Boba & Rosenberg; pp. 38-65.
 Howard Kaminsky, A History of the Hussite Revolution, (Berkeley: Univ. of CA Press, 1967), p. 48.
 This ministry does not condone graven images, as Nicholas did not. Not having access to the original drawings used in the Tables, we substitute a Renaissance painting for its similitude.
 This drawing is from an early 16th century German Protestant tract contrasting Christ with Antichrist.
 E. g., pomp and worldliness.
 John Andree, Gloss on the Preface to the Clementines.
 Pictured making his Donation.
 (XCVI. Dist., c. 14.)
 Illustration taken from Martyrs’ Mirror.
 Emperor Lewis the Pious is pictured giving the Donation centuries later.
 (Decretals, LXIII. dist.,c. 30.)
 Nicholas Lyra, Commentary on Daniel 8.
 Pope Gregory, On the Antichrist, Moralia, XXXII.
 From authoritative Roman Catholic Gloss on Rev. 13:7, 15, 17.
 Haimo’s Commentary on Rev. 13:17.
 From authoritative Roman Catholic Gloss on Rev. 13:2.
 Lyra on 1 Peter 5:13; Micah 4:10.
 From authoritative Roman Catholic Gloss on Daniel 12:10.
 Lyra on Daniel 12:10.
 Lyra on Ezek. 38:20; and Gloss; also Rev. 11:3.
 Woodcut by 16th century German, Albrecht Durer.
 Etching by Rembrandt.
Transactions, op. cit., p. 27.